Free! Stenhouse Publishers is offering “free previews” for the following seven Pembroke titles. You can read the entire text of the books online, for free (registration isn’t even required).
- Balanced Literacy Essentials: Weaving Theory into Practice for Successful Instruction in Reading, Writing, and Talk (by Michelann Parr & Terry Campbell)
- Guiding Readers: Making the Most of the 18-Minute Guided Reading Lesson (by Lori Jamison Rog)
- What’s Next for This Beginning Writer (Revised Edition): Mini-lessons That Take Writing from Scribbles to Script (by Janine Reid & Betty Schultze, with Ulla Petersen)
- Breathe, Stretch, Write: Learning to Write with Everything You’ve Got (by Sheree Fitch)
- Caught in the Middle: Reading and Writing in the Transition Years (by David Booth)
- Creating Caring Classrooms: How to encourage students to communicate, create, and be compassionate of others (by Kathleen Gould Lundy & Larry Swartz)
- Learning in Safe Schools (Second Edition) (by Faye Brownlie & Judith King)